Hello to our Bloomsburg Blended students and families!
We will be holding a winter holiday mask decorating contest that is open to our elementary Bloomsburg Blended students (K-5). Details about how to pick up a mask and how to enter the contest can be found here: Winter Mask Contest.
While the contest is open only to our elementary students, we invite our secondary Blended students to decorate a mask and share a photo of it if they would like to do so. Photos will be posted on our web site, along with students' first names and grade levels.
Thanks, and we look forward to seeing what fun, creative masks everyone comes up with!
I hope everyone was able to enjoy the beautiful weather we've had lately, until the rain washed it away (and brought with it cooler temps!) yesterday. The purpose of this blog is to provide some clarification regarding the school calendar between now and the end of January. At a glance, here's what you need to know:
- Monday, November 16 - This is a scheduled day off for all of our students, including those in the Blended program. Students may work on their courses that day, but there will not be homeroom, and attendance will not be taken.
- Wednesday, November 25 - This is an early dismissal day for students. This means that students will follow their regular daily schedule until 1:15 p.m. Any specials (i.e., art and guidance) scheduled from 1:15 p.m. on will be cancelled for that day.
- November 26 through November 30 - Students will have off for Thanksgiving break. There will be no homeroom during this time, but students may continue to complete work in their courses.
- Wednesday, December 23 - This is an early dismissal day for students. This means that students will follow their regular daily schedule until 1:15 p.m. Any specials (i.e., art and guidance) scheduled from 1:15 p.m. on will be cancelled for that day.
- December 24 through January 1 - Students will have off for the holiday break. There will be no homeroom during this time, but students may continue to complete work in their courses.
- Monday, January 4 - We look forward to having our Blended students return to their regular schedule, and hope everyone's new year starts out with much health and happiness!
- Monday, January 18 - In observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, there will no school on this day. There will be no homeroom, but students may continue to complete work in their courses.
Please note: We will continue our independent learning Fridays through January 29. This means that there will be no homerooms on Fridays, and that in order for a student to be considered present, he or she will need to sign into Accelerate prior to 9 a.m.
On an entirely unrelated note, don't forget that we are still holding "tech time" at the district office on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1-3 p.m. If you are having any technological issues, please feel free to stop by at that time. We're here to help!
Hello, Bloomsburg Blended families, and welcome to the Bloomsburg Blended Blog! (How's that for alliteration?) The purpose of this blog will be to post important notices, reminders, and other things pertinent to the Blended program, all in one place.