Volunteer ClearancesThank you for considering this valuable service. Volunteers are greatly appreciated by staff and students at our school. We are so very thankful for the giving community members we already have in our building and are always looking to add additional help!Prior to beginning the process for becoming a volunteer, one should read School Board Policy 916: School Volunteers.The process for becoming a volunteer is as follows:
Complete one of the two options below:
- Act 11 FBI Fingerprint Clearance and use the service code 1KG6XN when registering. Once registered an individual must go to a registered fingerprint site to be fingerprinted. The closest facility is in Berwick at Leonard's Auto Tag Service, LLC 116 E 3rd Street.
Complete all of the following:
- Volunteer Affidavit can be submitted for any individual who has lived in the commonwealth of PA contiuously for the past 10 years and would like to volunteer.
- Act 34 Pennsylvania State Police Clearance
- Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance
- Act 126 Mandated Reporter Training - training takes approximately 3-4 hours
- BASD Confidentiality Agreement
- BASD Volunteer Acknowledgment and Statement of Confidentiality
- PDE-6004 Arrest/Conviction Form
- Megan's Law Check (done by school secretary)
Once completed, all documents may be submitted to the school office or the district office. Please note that you must bring your original clearances with you for verification purposes.
As per state mandates, all clearances must be renewed every 5 years and the mandated reporter training must be taken every 5 years.