Thank you for considering this valuable service. Volunteers are greatly appreciated by staff and students at our school. We are so very thankful for the giving community members we already have in our building and are always looking to add additional help!
Prior to beginning the process for becoming a volunteer, one should read School Board Policy 916: School Volunteers.
The process for becoming a volunteer is as follows:
- The volunteer needs to apply for proper clearances (no more than one year old).
- Required: Report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP); and
- Required: Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services (Child Abuse); and
- A fingerprint based federal criminal history (FBI) submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police is required if the volunteer has lived outside the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in the last 10 years.*
- Required: Completed Volunteer Application.
- Bring clearances and application to the building main office. The secretary will make copies of the clearances to send to the district office for proper filing. The application will be reviewed by the building principal.
- The volunteer's name will be submitted to the School Board for approval.
- Upon approval by the School Board, the volunteer will be contacted to discuss volunteering options.
*Volunteers who are not required to obtain the FBI Clearance because have been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for the past 10 years must swear or affirm in writing that they are not disqualified from service based upon a conviction of an offense.