Welcome to the 8th Grade Band Website!
The 8th Grade Band is under the direction of Mr. Dante Marmo.
Concerts and Performances:
- Winter Concert: Thursday, December 9, 2019, 7:30 P.M. HS Auditorium
- Spring Concert: Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 7:30 P.M. HS Auditorium
- Music in the Parks (Hershey Park): Friday, May 15, 2020
Rules for Success:
- Be Prepared - Instrument, music, pencil, and a positive attitude
- Be kind and treat everyone with respect
- Practice regularly
- Take care of your instrument and the band room
- Keep the room clean
- No food or drink except for water is allowed
- Have two extra good reeds in your cases reed players
- Store your instrument and music in your assigned locker when it is not taken home for practice.
- Bandmate Chromatic Tuner is a tuner for your smartphone. This is a simple yet effective app for building confidence in any student that is learning new notes. Once you select your instrument from a drop-down menu, Bandmate will display the pitches that it hears on your instrument’s staff.
- Metronome - A metronome and tuner have obvious benefits to music students and professionals alike. Instead of carrying around a tuner/metronome it can be very helpful to have an app right on your phone or tablet. In most cases, students usually have their phones handy, so why not have helpful apps easily accessible to them for use during rehearsals, lessons, or for practicing at home?
Any metronome app will do, but one that I recommend is called Pro Metronome http://eumlab.com/pro-metronome/. It’s free and is offered for iOS devices, Android devices, and Google Play.
Band Music Recordings:
Recordings will be supplied in the near future.
Thank you for your continued support of the arts in the Bloomsburg Area School District! We appreciate your support!
Sincerely,Mr. Dante MarmoBand DirectorBloomsburg High School1200 Railroad StreetBloomsburg, PA 17815570-784-6100 Ext. email@example.com