7:00 PM Varsity Wrestling vs Selinsgrove
6:00 PM Boys JV Basketball @ Warrior Run
BHS Drama presents Mary Poppins
Click here to purchase your tickets for Mary Poppins. Shows on Friday, March 9th at 7:30 pm and Saturday, March 10th at 1:00 pm & 7:30 pm.
Bloomsburg Area School District Capital Project Initial Overview
January 3, 2017
The Bloomsburg Area School District, in cooperation with the Town Of Bloomsburg, is building a floodwall. While this project has been a topic of conversation for several years, in November 2017, funding availability for the floodwall for the Town of Bloomsburg has put both the school district and the town on an accelerated timeline for project completion.
Floodwall construction on school property is scheduled to begin in late summer 2018 and continue through spring 2019. There will be several opportunities and challenges for the school district arising from the floodwall project. We plan to hold community forums to share the conceptual design for the projects on the following dates.
Community Forum #1- January 18, 2018 @ 7:00PM in the High School Cafeteria: General Concept and Scope
- At this meeting, the architects and engineers will provide a project overview and general scope for the project. Here, we are looking for community feedback and input on the design.
Community Forum #2- January 25, 2018 @ 7:00PM in the High School Cafeteria: Refined Concept and Scope
- At this meeting, the architects and engineers will present a revised project overview and more detailed scope for the project based on feedback from the sessions on January 18. Here, we are looking for additional community feedback and input on the design.
Community Forum #3- February 1, 2018 @ 7:00PM in the High School Cafeteria: Project Concept and Scope for Board Consideration
- Here, district administration will provide a draft overview of the project concept and scope for board consideration at the February 5, 2018 school board meeting.
There are several key areas included in the project scope and sequence. Below please find a brief overview of each topic.
Middle School HVAC and Middle School/High School Interior Upgrades: The priority issues in this thread are providing HVAC (air conditioning) to the middle school and enhanced security features for both buildings. Additional projects may include:
MS Gym Bleacher Upgrades
MS Pool Ceiling Upgrades
MS Stairwell Upgrades
MS Library Upgrades
MS Plumbing Upgrades
MS Music Room Renovation
MS Office Furniture Upgrades
HS/MS LED Lighting Upgrades
HS/MS Building Envelope Upgrades
HS/MS Bell and Clock Upgrades
HS/MS Painting Upgrades
HS/MS Flooring Upgrades
HS/MS Site Upgrades
HS/MS Locker Upgrades
HS Office and Guidance HVAC Upgrades
HS Auditorium Upgrades
HS Main Entrance Aesthetics
HS Entry Door Upgrades
Stadium Project: District soccer, field hockey, baseball, and softball fields will be impacted by floodwall construction. While we would prefer to maintain our grass fields, the amount of activity in the stadium will necessitate field turf.
- Athletic Field/Track
- Eight-lane, oval track preferable with field events and ability to host districts
- New LED Lighting
- Turf athletic field with soccer, field hockey, and football lines
- Softball and Baseball Fields
- Turf field
- Softball and baseball built side by side, sharing an outfield
- Additional Options: Addition of a practice field to share turf outfield, if space allows
- Practice Fields
- Three or more practice fields
- Can be located inside or outside of flood wall
First-Floor Cafeteria Addition: The addition of a shared cafeteria between the middle school and the high school will allow for increased classroom time through the reduction of the number of overall lunches. Through design, we envision the cafeteria being the centerpiece of the middle school and high school complex.
- Middle school and high school students would not be eating lunch together.
- Operating one kitchen would allow for increased operational efficiencies.
- We envision 4-5 serving lines (salad, deli, traditional, etc.) to allow students to get lunch quicker and expand classroom
Current Cafeteria Uses: We propose the current middle school cafeteria would serve as a combined fitness center/cardio center/athletic center. We propose the current high school would serve as a large group instruction area. The rationale for both of these projects will be provided at the community forums.
In addition to the community forums described above, we will host faculty and staff meetings in the high school cafeteria at 2:45 p.m. and coach/booster club meetings at 4:00 p.m. on all three dates.
BU STEM Information Sessions
Monday, February 5 & Thursday, February 8, 2018
6:00pm-7:30pm at Monty's on BU's Upper Campus
The mission of the Bloomsburg Area School District is to prepare its students to become contributing, responsible citizens and life-long learners with the ability to adapt and to succeed in a competitive world.